5:30pm – Father Cassian
9am – Father Brent
11am – Father Brent
7pm – Father Patrick
- Attention all athletes! PCS Sports is holding sign-ups for the first round of intramural sports. To sign up, go to boilercatholics.org, click “ministries”, then select PCS Sports and complete the form.
- Did you know?? We have a $3 home-cooked dinner every Sunday, downstairs in Newman Hall at 5:30. Next Sunday, the Lifeguides will be providing the meal. All are welcome!!
- All young adults in their 20's and 30's are welcome to attend the CALL 20/30 Callout Potluck on Wednesday, September 11 at 6:30pm in Newman Hall. Come out and meet other graduate students and young professionals from the area. Questions? Contact Diane (email@example.com)
- The St. Thomas Aquinas Chorale meets on Thursday evenings from 6:00-7:00pm. The group expresses faith through singing choral masterworks and works by our composer in residence, Dr. Brad Bodine. For or more information, please call the office or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What will you do over Fall Break? Take some time to immerse yourself in urban life and issues on our Fall Break Mission Trip to Milwaukee WI. Learn more at our Callout: Monday, September 9 at 7:30pm in the Conference Room. Questions? Contact email@example.com
- Our New Student Overnighter will be Friday, September 20 to Saturday, September 21. There will be fun activities, student talks, and great food--the perfect way to get to know St. Tom's and to meet new friends. It's open to any new student of Purdue and it only costs $10. More information and sign-up is on boilercatholics.org
- If you are interested in going to Haiti this Christmas break, you must attend the call out this Tuesday, September 10th at 7:00 PM in Room 3. Attendance is mandatory if you wish to be considered.
- Boiler Awakening is a 3-day, 2-night retreat open to all Purdue students and held at Lafayette Central Catholic. This semester Boiler Awakening 19 will be held October 25 to 27 and costs $45. Scholarships are available.
Registration opens on our website at boilercatholics.org this Monday, September 9 at 9pm. It fills up fast!! If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Great Bible Adventure continues!! This year, we will study the book of Matthew through video and discussion. This study of the Gospel of Matthew will begin the week of September 16, and you can attend either Monday evenings or Wednesday mornings each week. Sign up sheets are in the gather space.
- You have already heard about hunger in our community during the past 2 weeks announcements. Hunger Hike supports the food programs at Lafayette Urban Ministry, Food Finders Food Bank and it also supports St Toms efforts in Baudin Haiti.Three weeks ago one of our biannual Medical teams returned from Baudin. During that trip our team was able to meet with the Baudin Agricultural Committee on 2 different projects impacting food security. Introducing new bean seed varieties, and our continued work on a Community store.
In addition, our medical team was able to treat patients for worms and digestive issues that impact nutrition, among many other ailments. We were also able to monitor the effects of having clean filtered water on the health of our patients. About 60% of our patients had filters provided by St Toms. These are only a very small sample of the ways we impact the nutrition and food security issues in our Sister Parish. All of this is possible because of the generosity of the St Toms parishioners!
So, what can you personally do:
Establish a fundraising page. It is not too late to ask for support from your family and friends.
Support a Hiker by donating to their site at hungerhike.org. Look for TEAM ST TOMS
Walk in the HH Sunday September 22th
All the information you need can be found on hungerhike.org and on the St Toms website and Facebook page. Together we are helping to address hunger issues in our local community and beyond..